iOS app and Canvas

Jump to solution
bwood1
Community Member

I am really having a hard time with the iOS app. All of my students have a school ipad. When I create content in Canvas, I try to make it organized. I like to utilize organizational features that have been offered here, such as toggles, tabs, and pop up boxes. However, none of these tools work on the ipad. This makes it very difficult for students to navigate a page or assignment. The other alternative, is to just simply have all content in a long page. This is overwhelming for many students. Please tell me how I can get these codes to also work on the app.

Note: I understand that students can use the browser instead of the app, however the app seems to be ingrained in their heads- so many do not use the browser despite my FREQUENT reminders. 

HELP PLEASE!

0 Likes
1 Solution
rseilham
Community Champion

@bwood1

Thanks for the post. This, unfortunately, is an out-of-the-box limitation of the Canvas apps as they don't natively support the JavaScript and CSS from your web instance of Canvas in the app. There is only one way to remedy this issue, and it's not easy, but you would need a technical expert to adjust the mobile CSS and JavaScript in the theme editor of Canvas to support your content features. This isn't well documented and requires quite a bit of testing to get right. The only other solution would be not to use these features and use more pages and the modules tool to organize content or require users to access content on the web. Keep us updated on what you decide!

View solution in original post