Google drive

JD36
Community Member

Good evening,

I am attempting to connect my daughters google drive to her canvas account. Bare with me as this is a long explanation but I feel there may be some relevance that helps someone to determine what my issue is.

My wife connected her google account to my daughters canvas account on an ipad while we were waiting for a chrome book to arrive. Now that we have the chrome book we created my daughter her own gmail account. As she is underage it is managed by the family link app for parental controls on a google account. Upon logging into canvas on the chrome book the assignments would not load into the assignment window. The middle of the window shows something to the effect of "not allowed by google" or "not allowed by accounts.google" - maybe not those exact words but you get the idea.

I then added my wifes google account as a user on the chrome book. When accessing canvas through the wifes user name we can get access to the assignment but it is still attached to her google drive. I removed her google drive through the process below and attempted to add my daughters google drive but somewhere between canvas and the chrome book it will not allow me to add my daughters google account.

I have been going to  Account  - then Settings - then the web services area. 

I removed google drive from the registered services category to remove my wifes account. 

Then I selected google drive from the other services category and attempted to login with my daughters account but google will not allow that account to login. 

I have since created my daughter another google account that is not listed as underage and it has been attached successfully. I believe that the issue is that an underage account cannot be linked to canvas. 

Is that assumption correct or is there another way to make it work? 

Thank you for your help and sorry for such a long explanation.

Labels (1)