cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmc5508
Community Member

A video conference was recorded for a group project and needs to be shared with professor.  In reading the info on the canvas video the professor was not part of the group and now cannot view the video conference.  Is there a way to add her into our group

3 Replies
Maeve_McCooey
Community Contributor

Hi  @mmc5508 ‌

I don't believe you can add your lecturer to your group. However, your lecturer should be able to view the content through the view group homepage function, see the guide https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12815-415255495.

Hope this helps, 

Maeve

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@mmc5508 , the way Canvas Conferences is set-up, there isn't a way to add someone to a conference after it's started. If your Instructor needs to be able to view the conference then you would need to find a tool you can use to record the conference. For example, you could use something like Screencastify Screen Recorder for Chrome or Screencast-O-Matic (they are free) to record the conference and then share it with your teacher. There is a recording limit on how long you can record, but you could make multiple videos if needed and just share all of them with your teacher. 

Hope this helps! Kona

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@mmc5508 ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie