cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wefelmeyer
Community Member

A way to move questions from a Quiz to a Question Bank

Jump to solution

Is there a way to easily take questions from quizzes and add them to a new Question bank?  I would like to not have to re-type everything to create a bank for use on an on-line exam.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
James
Community Champion

@wefelmeyer  

The process isn't as simple as most people would expect and, unsurprisingly, this question gets asked frequently. Rather than retype the entire process, here is a write-up I made last year that explains it.

importing questions to a question bank 

Note: this is for legacy quizzes, not New Quizzes.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
lph
Community Champion

Hi,

If I may ask, would you mind clarifying a few things?

Classic quizzes - quizzes and question banks

New quizzes - quizzes and item banks 

Are you working with the classic or new quizzes?

James
Community Champion

@wefelmeyer  

The process isn't as simple as most people would expect and, unsurprisingly, this question gets asked frequently. Rather than retype the entire process, here is a write-up I made last year that explains it.

importing questions to a question bank 

Note: this is for legacy quizzes, not New Quizzes.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
audio_city
Community Participant

New to Canvas - how do I know if our instance is using "NEW QUIZZES" vs legacy quizzes?

I don't suppose copying questions from a quiz to a bank is easier and obvious with New Quizzes.

James
Community Champion

@audio_city  

At this point, you may be able to use either, so it might vary from quiz to quiz.

When you go to the quiz, the two will look very different.

• When you open a Classic / Legacy Quizzes, you still have your course navigation menu on the left. It will have the title, followed by the description, and a whole bunch of settings including the Quiz Type, Points, Multiple attempts, etc. When you edit the quiz, it will have a have a Details and Questions tab.
    345941_pastedImage_3.png
  • When you open a New Quiz, it takes over most of the screen and you no longer have a course navigation menu or a breadcrumb at the top. Instead, there is a rocket ship icon at the top left, followed by tabs for Build, Settings, Reports, and Moderate with a Return button at the top right.
    345937_pastedImage_2.png