cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joseph_dixon
Community Member

ACCOUNT PERMISSION SETTINGS

I'm new to the teaching (Canvas) world.   I have spent time setting up my content, but my students receive a this notification when attempting to access Canvas.  Any 

290456_pastedImage_1.png

4 Replies
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @joseph_dixon and welcome to the Canvas Community!  That is normally the message that appears when a student tries to access a content page, but that page has not been published. This page contains information about publishing a page, How do I create a new page in a course?, so could be useful in your situation.

It is likely that after the page is published, students will no longer receive this error message, but if something still isn't working correctly, please let us know!

hesspe
Community Champion

We also see this quite a lot when people have copied and pasted links from one site into another instead of using the import content tool.  Running the link checker identifies links that go to other Canvas course sites which students probably can't access.

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@joseph_dixon ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

I decided to give up on linking my Canvas Syllabus straight to Google Docs from by Canvas my home page. I created a Canvas "PAGE" containing a calendar with links to assignments and notes. It's working fine and the students find it easier to navigate.

Thanks,