Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rgiovannetti762
Community Participant

Accent Marks in the RCE

How do I enter an accent mark in the rich text editor and have it display correctly?

Message was edited by: Chris Hofer

2 Replies
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello rgiovannetti762​...

Are you asking about accent marks such as these?  áéíóú

If so, in Windows you can run the "Character Map" program on your computer, and then you'll be able to copy in all sort of special characters (including those with accents) to your Canvas course pages.  Here is a link I found with a bunch of good information: Using special characters (Character Map): frequently asked questions - Windows Help

Also, since your subject line of this posting is very similar to the body of your message, I'm going to modify the title a bit and also tag your question with keywords so that it is easier for people to search for should they have similar questions.  If the revised title doesn't quite reflect what you are asking, please let me know, and we can work to make any needed corrections.  Hope this is ok with you!

scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hello Reno,

To add to what Chris suggested; To get accents on the Mac, hold down the Option key, and while holding it down, type the letter e; then release those keys and type the letter that you want the accent to appear on: á = Opt + e, then a. é = Opt + e, then e. í = Opt + e, then i.

Did this or the character map program idea help you?

Thanks,

Scott