Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardinr

Accessing my children's Canvas when I use Canvas in the same district as my children

Jump to solution

I am a teacher.  We use Canvas to create our classes.  I work in the same district as two of my children.  How do I access my Children's Canvas as a parent?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Ryan -

With two children in the same district where you teach, I would create a separate account using a personal email address. It will keep your dashboard better organized! It will also allow you to separate work life from home life. You can use Canvas Teacher and Canvas Parent using the correct login and establish different notifications for each account (rather than it all being what you want for your Teacher role). 

If you'd like to keep your accounts "merged", you can use your teacher account to also observe your children. When you click Account then Settings, do you see an Observing tab? If yes, you can follow the directions in this guide: How do I link a student to my user account as an observer? If not, let me know. There is a way to do it, but it's hidden. I'll send you the workaround in a private message because it can also be used by students to observe other students.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Ryan -

With two children in the same district where you teach, I would create a separate account using a personal email address. It will keep your dashboard better organized! It will also allow you to separate work life from home life. You can use Canvas Teacher and Canvas Parent using the correct login and establish different notifications for each account (rather than it all being what you want for your Teacher role). 

If you'd like to keep your accounts "merged", you can use your teacher account to also observe your children. When you click Account then Settings, do you see an Observing tab? If yes, you can follow the directions in this guide: How do I link a student to my user account as an observer? If not, let me know. There is a way to do it, but it's hidden. I'll send you the workaround in a private message because it can also be used by students to observe other students.

0 Kudos