cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klemons
Community Participant

Add a link to an excel spreadsheet in a Canvas Quiz (old) that uses Lockdown Browser

Hi All, 

I'm trying to do the following:

https://support.respondus.com/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/233/0/can-spreadsheets-b...

But the instructions provided by respondus are not specific to Canvas.   Has anyone done this??  I can't seem to get it to work.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steven_S
Community Champion

I have not tried using an excel spreadsheet, or any document, with lockdown browser, and so I recommend testing this as a fake student (not just student view) before relying on it with a live class.

To modify the instructions for canvas, you should be able to save the file in the files section, and set the permission to "only available to students with a link."  Then insert a link to the file into the question with the built in canvas tools.  In the new rce the file insert functions look like this screenshot:

insert doc new RCE.PNG

If you do not see these options you can turn them on in settings > feature options > RCE enhancements.

aep
Community Member

I've been able to get the same result as the guide by following all of the instructions closely. Especially the bits about copying the template link and pasting it directly into the quiz question prompt. 

Now I'm stuck on a quick way to open and grade all of the submitted url links.