Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ofelia_mangen
Community Participant

Add notes in new "pretty" HTML editor?

I tried to add notes in the new HTML editor, but it was scrubbed:

<!-- This is an html comment -->

Will that be possible when the new HTML editor is released next month? If not, please consider the feature request. HTML notes would be very very very helpful in training instructors to do course builds. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @ofelia_mangen ...

This document, Canvas HTML Editor Allowlist PDF - Canvas Community, would be a good resource for you to review to see which HTML tags are allowed and which are not.

It seems like you are also maybe suggesting a new Feature Idea.  You might want to consider submitting this as an idea so that Community members could evaluate it.  To do that, from any screen here in the Community, click on the PRODUCT menu at the top of the screen, and then click on IDEA CONVERSATIONS.  Then, click on the "Suggest an idea" button to start your new Feature Idea.  Here are a few other documents that will help you along the way:

I hope this information will be of help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions...thanks!  Take care...be well.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi again, @ofelia_mangen ...

I just thought of something else.  Do you use the Cidi Labs Design Tools software in your school's Canvas environment?  If so, there is a "hidden gem" within Design Tools that you could build in to pages that you design to guide instructors through the process to add content to their courses.

October 2, 2020: DesignPLUS Admin Guide

Check out the item under "New Features" called "Key Action Items".  This would only work if you have Design Tools integrated in your school's Canvas environment.