Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kate_darby

Add users to previous courses

Jump to solution

I would like to give my department chair and other colleagues access to a couple of Canvas sites for courses that concluded last year. The "add" button doesn't show up on the people page in concluded courses. How can I give access to these folks so they are able to view materials from my courses last year?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
canvas_admin
Community Champion

Kate,  when a course is concluded it moves into a "read-only" state.  Per this guide, How do I conclude a course at the end of a term?, you could always "unconclude" the course if the other people need to be "added" to the course.  However, if they have admin type access, then you can simply share the link to the course with them and they should be able to see the materials from the course.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
canvas_admin
Community Champion

Kate,  when a course is concluded it moves into a "read-only" state.  Per this guide, How do I conclude a course at the end of a term?, you could always "unconclude" the course if the other people need to be "added" to the course.  However, if they have admin type access, then you can simply share the link to the course with them and they should be able to see the materials from the course.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @kate_darby ​...

The other thing that has worked for me is that I have gone into the course "Settings" screen and extended the end date of the course temporarily so that I could then go back to the "People" tab of the course and add the individual(s) I needed.  Then, I quickly masqueraded as the user to "Accept" the invite.  After that, I returned to my own account, went back to the course "Settings" screen, and changed the end date back to what it was originally.  This way, the person is now in the course.

Hope this helps!