cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julie3
Community Participant

Adding Weekly Overviews to my Course Overview

Jump to solution

On the homepage of the course, as one scrolls down, one would see the course overview, which is true in the course I am creating. The problem I am facing is that only a percentage of the Weekly Overviews are showing up. I can see the Weekly Overviews from 1-18, but the rest are not showing up on that homepage. The funny thing is that they are showing up right where they are supposed to be in the Module view and also in the progress from week to week (using the next buttons). How do I add them to the home page Course Overview?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @julie3  Thank You for providing the screen shots.  Looking carefully at your "7.22.56 AM.png" file, I can see that the icon next to those overview items are calendars...which means that you must have created events for weeks 17 and 18 at some point in time.  In your "7.20.31 AM.png" file, the week 19 item is actually a "page" in your course, and it wouldn't have a date of any kind associated with it...so that's why you are not seeing it back on your "Home" page.  Does that help?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@julie3 , greetings! This is a strange issue and one I've never heard of before. To be clear, you have Modules set as your homepage for a course in Canvas, but what is showing up on Homepage of your course is different than what you see when you click on Modules? Is this from Instructor view or the test student view. Also, could you possible take a screen capture showing the difference? That would be really helpful in helping to figure out what the problem is.

Thanks! Kona

julie3
Community Participant

Hello,

Sorry about the delay, I am on vacation and it has been tough to find the time to do this, but here are the screenshots to help you better understand my problem. Here is the Module shot and you can see that at the beginning of Week 19, I have an overview page called Week 19: Overview. All of my weeks have one of these pages for the beginning of the week in the Overview section.

Here is the home page where I have all my teacher information and the syllabus shows up below:

However, on the home page, as you scroll down, the Overviews only show up in the first 18 weeks. See how you can see week 17 and week 18 overviews, but starting on week 19, you cannot see an overview:

I appreciate you taking the time to help me figure this out!!!

Let me know if you need any more pictures.

Sincerely,

Julie Greenman

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @julie3  Thank You for providing the screen shots.  Looking carefully at your "7.22.56 AM.png" file, I can see that the icon next to those overview items are calendars...which means that you must have created events for weeks 17 and 18 at some point in time.  In your "7.20.31 AM.png" file, the week 19 item is actually a "page" in your course, and it wouldn't have a date of any kind associated with it...so that's why you are not seeing it back on your "Home" page.  Does that help?

julie3
Community Participant

Oh!!! You are so right!! Thank you so much for helping me figure out the obvious!!! I will work on getting them on the calendars!! Thank you so much!!