Adding a + Group to canvas quizzes

Jump to solution
erica_wagner
Community Participant

I would like to separate my canvas quizzes by groups, as I have a list of practice quizzes, a list of review assignments administered as quizzes (to be auto graded by a key), and  a list of actual exams. Having them under separate groups or headings within my list of quizzes would be less confusing for the students than one long list.

There is a "plus group" button in the assignments and in the modules, but I don't see one under my canvas quizzes interface. How can I add a new heading or group to my canvas quizzes?

Also, how can I change the order of quizzes in the quiz list? When I click on the three little dots to the right of each quiz, I am not seeing the "move to" option, only edit, delete, and share to commons

0 Likes
1 Solution
James
Community Champion

@erica_wagner  

The Quiz index page is organized by date and does not have drag / drop capability to change it.

Not everything in Canvas supports groups. Pages do not, for example. You can sort by clicking at the top of any column in Pages -- but that sort is temporary for you inside the browser and does not persist or pass on to other users.

What I would recommend doing is hiding the Quizzes page from the students and using Modules to link to them. Modules allow you to create your own order.

View solution in original post