cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carolinaserrato
Community Participant

Adding a column to grades section

Jump to solution

Is there a way to add a column to my student's grades, so that I may register their daily participation and assign a grade for every class I have? This, without creating an "assignment" or a "quiz", just a basic plain, straightforward column in which I can type a number?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abunag
Community Champion

no, there needs to be an assignment tied back to each column in Canvas.  You can create an Assignment with name, the points and set to "no submission" with no other information entered if you'd like.  I usually recommend adding in the description area what criteria you're using for daily participation grades.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
abunag
Community Champion

no, there needs to be an assignment tied back to each column in Canvas.  You can create an Assignment with name, the points and set to "no submission" with no other information entered if you'd like.  I usually recommend adding in the description area what criteria you're using for daily participation grades.

View solution in original post

carolinaserrato
Community Participant

Thank you, that's what I was fearing :smileycry: I remember that I was able to add one when using Blackboard, and it was quite simple. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question, I really appreciate it.