Adding a late student to a section after the section has been cross-listed

Jump to solution
rmanalastas
Community Novice

Scenario:  I have created sections (Periods 2 and 4) and cross-listed those into one course because they are the  same class, just different periods.  I have a new student entering my class 3 weeks into the new semester into Period 2.  Can that student be added in my Period 2 section after the Period 2 section has been cross-listed?  Because I no longer see the Period 2 section in my dashboard, I cannot access the Period 2 section to add a student.  How can I add the new student to a specific period after the period has been cross-listed?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there,  @rmanalastas ...

If you have already cross-listed your two courses (Period 2 and Period 4), the enrollments for both of those courses would be listed in the "People" page of one of those two courses.  Have you tried logging in to your Period 4 course instead of your Period 2 course?  Since cross-listing moves enrollments, it makes sense that you wouldn't see the Period 2 course in your view any more.  Once you confirm you are able to see all your students in the Period 4 course, you may be able to enroll your student in the Period 2 section.  But, some schools do not allow instructors to manually enroll students.  So, you may need to reach out to your school's local Canvas administrator or someone from your school's Online Learning/eLearning department that can help you with this request.  See How do I add users to a course? for more information.

I hope this will help, Ron.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this.  Stay safe...be well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes