cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaffer_k1
Community Participant

Adding a second course to a student account

I am a teacher that uses a free Canvas account for my students, and I teach multiple subjects. Most of my students access it via the Canvas for students app. I (we) are having trouble adding a second course to their existing account through the app. Is there a way to do this without having to create a separate account?

Tags (2)
5 Replies
scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Keith,

Whether your students are using a mobile device or a computer, they should be able to accept the course invite via email if you have created a second course shell and sent them invites.  Is that not working?

To add to Scott's reply. The mobile app has the ability to let your students join a course from the mobile app as well. The invite will appear on top of the main dashboard when opening the app. 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-24128-185551231847#view-course-invitation 

Hey Ryan,

This was a great answer you gave! Thanks for being so helpful to your fellow community members, especially in these difficult times. Please check your direct messages for a small token of our appreciation. Smiley Happy

Thanks again for all that you do and keep up the good work!

Sincerely,

Canvas Community Team

shaffer_k1
Community Participant

Thank you very much!

shaffer_k1
Community Participant

Thank you very much!