Adding links to buttons

Jump to solution
kmather
Community Explorer

Hi All,

I am hoping that someone here can once again give me some help. I am in the process of creating a student resource course and have been asked to add buttons on the pages that can be linked to other pages. The bosses like the looks of buttons rather than links, thinking it looks neater.

Here is my problem, I have added the buttons to the home page and  created the pages they will be linked to, however when I try to link the buttons to the resource pages, it adds a link above the buttons and does not link the buttons. To link the buttons open the home page, select edit, select the button, and click on link. I then select course link and the page i want the button to link to. When I save it however I end up with a link to the page over the button and the button is not linked. I know somewhere I am missing a piece, anyone have suggestions?

Thank you for any help you can give me,

kathy

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @kmather ...

The process outlined in this Guide, How do I create hyperlinks to course or group cont... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com), is essentially the same for images.  In this Guide, it shows you how to select text.  And, while the text is still selected, you would click on the icons in the RCE to create a link to the area in the course where you want.  Similarly, you will just want to make sure that you are clicking on your image when editing your page...and while still selected, then you can click on the button in the RCE to link to the area in your course.  Is this what you are trying?

View solution in original post

0 Likes