Adding outside grades to the canvas gradebook

Jump to solution
horjuslangd
Community Novice

Can I add grade points from tests that are not on canvas to my canvas grade book so that it can hold all of my grades (points) and students can see their grades assembled?  If so how?

Deanna Horjus-Lang

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @horjuslangd  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  Yes, you should be able to do this.  If I am interpreting your question correctly, you would like to basically create a column in your Gradebook to act as a placeholder for a test that was not in Canvas.  You can do this by creating a regular assignment via your "Assignments" index page.  How do I use the Assignments Index Page?  You can set the details however, you want...including the number of points possible.  https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10113-415241285  Your "Submission Type" could either be set to "No Submission" or "On Paper" depending on your preference.  This will then create a column for your assignment in your Gradebook so that you can give your students grades for that assignment.  Does this help?

View solution in original post