cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simon_hubbard
Community Participant

Adding students to assignments

If an assignment is created it is very easy to add the entire cohort to it, if you only have one or two students that need to take it is also easy to add them.

Is there a way of of adding adding the entire cohort less a few people?

Currently you might have 300 people on a module but one person is not required to take the assignment so you need to manually add each student excluding the one who doesn't need to take it.

Is it possible to add everyone then manually remove the person not needed?

Hope this makes sense!!

7 Replies
Community Champion

It does make sense!  Have you thought about making groups and assigning the assignment only to certain groups?  This is easy to do and you can make multiple groups for multiple assignments.

I THINK, if you click on everyone in the assign to tab, you should be able to unmark certain people, OR mark the people that you want.  

simon_hubbard
Community Participant

Thank you Jennifer, i am glad it's not just me!

We use multiple markers for many assignments so we use 'sections', I don't think creating groups would work.

Do you make Mastery Paths?  I LOVE this idea.  Put an assignment/quiz in, and the students get a path of work/assignments, based on their score.  The gradebook will then automatically gray out any assignment that the student does not need to take based on the Mastery Path.

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@simon_hubbard ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

simon_hubbard
Community Participant

Hello Jennifer, we use the selective release option so the students must proceed through modules by looking at learning material, contributing to discussions and submitting quizzes etc. Your idea sounds great, do you actually do this or is it possible?

Hello Robbie, I still do not have an answer.

I have used Mastery Paths!  It's a great way to differentiate, and students get what they need!