Adding submissions for an individual student for an assignment after the assignment has been closed.

Jump to solution
agardner82
Community Member

So I have read the post responses to a question similar to mine. Others have posted that you can cycle through the submissions and choose the one you wish to grade for your student. However, this response was applied to an assignment that was still open. My question is, how do I do this with a closed assignment? Currently, I have tried editing the assignment to extend the time period for that one particular student. I won't know if this works until the student resubmits. Is this the best route, or is there something better out there? Why don't assignments offer the same neat feature that quizzes do, by simply checking a box to allow students another individual attempt? Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @agardner82 

What you have done will work just fine. Extending the time limit for an individual student will both let them submit, and let you grade the submission. And for the record, SpeedGrader is not limited by the availability of the assignment.

Being able to moderate assignments would be wonderful! If you would like to see the quiz moderation features added to assignments, you should create an Idea Conversation for that in this community.

In fact, in a quick search of Idea Conversations, I just found an idea conversation asking for just what you want. Check it out at Allow the option to moderate assignments in Canvas! If this idea works for you, add your own thoughts to the discussion and support the idea.

Good luck,

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Likes