cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eustace
Community Member

Adding users to new Account Admin roles

Hi , 

I have a question regarding adding users to newly created "Account Admin Roles" 

After a new Account role "Registrar" has been created and customized in the "Permissions" - Accounts Page , when Trying to add existing users to this new "Registrar" role - We are not able to choose any option besides the existing "Account Admin" role in the Admin - Settings tab. 

There are no option in the "Add more" tab to choose from

Appreciate if you can please help 

Regards

Eustace        

4 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @eustace ...

I am reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I came across your question.  I am sorry to see that your question has been sitting out here since August 24, 2019 without a response.  It appears that you may have stumped the Community with your question.  Unfortunately, I don't really have an answer for you, either, but I did want to check in with you.  Have you been able to find any solutions on your own since you first posted your question in August?  If so, would you be willing to share your findings with us here in this topic?  Or, if you are still looking for some help with your question, please let us know that, too.  We'd like to hear back form you either way.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered"...not because we've been able to find a solution for you...but more because we have not heard back form you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for over four months.  This won't keep you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic, however.  I hope that's okay with you, Eustace.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

lromans
Community Member

Hi , I'm posting  as I'm having the same issue with assigning a new account to a user that I have setup to allow API integration but want it to use specific permissions, currently user account in the account admin, where really want this integration restricted down to be only  for reporting, but reporting on all modules. 

I followed the pages fine for setting up the custom permission (https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10777-421443005 ) but the  "add more"  but only shows default "Accounts Admin". 
Tried leaving time between setting up the role and trying to find it in Account - Settings - Admins - Add Account Admins , but still not there after several hours. 

Been through a lot of posts and so far this is the closest question seen to what I think will set this up. If I find an answer before anyone else will post it here. 

ericarthurton
Community Member

This seems like a problem within Canvas. Here is a workaround. Take one of the admin roles that's already native to Canvas and make THAT one the special role you want to make. I used the Outcome Results one and it works! It's just frustrating because if Canvas gives the ability to create custom roles, you should be able to use them!!! I even waited 24 hours to see if I just needed to wait for changes to take effect, but I'm still left with the same default roles.  

ccaldwell2
Community Member

This bug might have been fixed. I just added someone as an Admin, and at the point of adding them, there was in fact a pulldown at bottom of screen that allowed me to assign a role to that person, including a custom role we created.