Address book doesnt match roster

Jump to solution
khpine
Community Novice

I understand the steps to email an entire class at once, but when I try this on the recipient address book it says there is only one person in the class even though I have a full roster on my "people" tab.  How do I fix this so I can email all of my students at the same time?

0 Likes
1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @khpine  Welcome to the Canvas Community. The only time I see behavior like that is if the course site itself has not been published.  So that's definitely the first thing to check.  In those cases, however, the "1 person" should be you (as the instructor) and not a student.  If it's a student, then that's especially odd and may warrant contacting your institutional support or Canvas support.  (Help>>Report a Problem.)  First, though, make absolutely certain you're looking for the correct course and section in that drop-down menu and not accidentally using an earlier course site.  (That can be rather easy to do at times.)  If students are not automatically added but you rather have to "invite" them, make sure they have all accepted the course invitations.  (Though you would see if they haven't on the PEOPLE page.) 

Those are the only things I can think of, off the top of my head.  But if this is a current, published course and students are definitely all fully listed and otherwise participating in the course, I think it's time to contact support!

Hope this helps a bit, Kristina.

View solution in original post

0 Likes