cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bartolonatoli
Community Member

Adjusting Time for Quizzes on a Student by Student Basis

Jump to solution

In my class, I have online quizzes with specific time limits on them.  However, I have a student with accommodations that stipulate the student receive double the allotted time on assessments.  Is there a way to adjust the time limit for just this student while leaving general time limit for the other students in place?

Tags (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
rsasso
Community Contributor

Hi Bartolo!

Yes, you can adjust the time limit for just this student while leaving general time limit for the other students in place. You can find step-by-step instructions on this Canvas Guide: Once I publish a timed quiz, how can I give my students extra time?

Hope this helps!

Rosie

View solution in original post

wangsue
Community Member

How can I extend the time limit for just one student for all the tests of the quarter, instead of adjusting one test at a time for 10 times?

8 Replies
rsasso
Community Contributor

Hi Bartolo!

Yes, you can adjust the time limit for just this student while leaving general time limit for the other students in place. You can find step-by-step instructions on this Canvas Guide: Once I publish a timed quiz, how can I give my students extra time?

Hope this helps!

Rosie

Got it! Thanks so much!

wangsue
Community Member

How can I extend the time limit for just one student for all the tests of the quarter, instead of adjusting one test at a time for 10 times?

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@wangsue , right now in Canvas you would need to go into each test and adjust the time for the student (or students).

Kona

kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @wangsue :

This is not possible with the legacy quiz engine, but it is possible with the new Quizzes.Next. LTI tool. You can learn more at https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12186-71670780621 

Quizzes.Next is now available (as of 6/30/18) to all paid Canvas accounts. If it is not yet available at your school, please ask your Canvas Admin to contact your accounts Customer Success Manager (CSM), to get it turned on.

Kelley

wangsue
Community Member

Got it. Thank you, Kona!

wangsue
Community Member

Thank you very much for this reply, Kelley.

I have checked it before making the initial post, and our school has not yet adopted the Quizzes. Next. Now I where to go.

Thanks!

lmoline
Community Participant

I have a student who had a computer glitch and only could take a small amount of a quiz. I want to give another try, but with LESS time than the quiz time. Can I do this?