After grading entire class on assignments, still showing 16/17 and unfinished

Jump to solution
TimRaines
Community Member

My dashboard still has a "to-do" to complete the grading of an assignment but I already did grade every student. It shows 16/17 and the only thing I can find is that one student failed to submit so earned a 0 but I went back and added a comment and selected "submit" to see if that helped and it did not solve the problem.

Can anyone tell me what I'm missing? I've gone through each student, all are graded using speed grading and I also went to the gradebook and all students have a grade. The only outlier entries are the 0 and another late, which has the "late" icon but they are graded appropriately if I click on the icon. The rest have a number grade.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @TimRaines 

Thank you for contacting Canvas Support. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with an assignment remaining in your to-do list. It sounds like you've checked a lot of places in an attempt to remove the final assignment submission reminder. We would suggest making sure the grade is recorded within the Speedgrader. Did the student submit multiple times - If so, scroll to the bottom of their submission and try to update it. Similarly, there may be a notice on the right above their points that say "use this grade for re-submission" If neither of those are the problem, we would likely want to check the assignment in question.

In a situation like this, it would be best to look at this specifically so we can see the course, students, and assignment directly. Please feel free to contact Canvas Support directly so we can pinpoint the source of the issue and provide a solution. Thank you! 

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Basics-Guide/How-do-I-contact-Canvas-Support/ta-p/389767 

View solution in original post