Alerts to Assignment Comments?

Jump to solution
cgrubbs2
Community Novice

Hello!

I was wondering why a Prof doesn't get an ALERT when a student comments on an assignment that has already been uploaded and graded.

For example, I share feedback directly on the Assignment Comments and many times students will return with a comment of their own.  Unless I know to specifically look at an individual assignment, I would never know!

Inquiring minds need to know.  I think this would be something AMAZING to consider adding to CANVAS....

Not every student uses INBOX or EMAIL and the individual assignment comments are "right there" reporting...ya know!

THX

1 Solution
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Cindy -

This is possible with Canvas notification preferences. While I set most of my notifications to send a summary at the end of the day, there are a few that I have set to “immediate” email notification — and one of those is Submission Comments. That way, whenever a student comments, I have the direct link to the item, and it’s in my inbox making it really obvious that a student is asking for clarification or continuing a conversation. I really like that this keeps the dialogue in context with the assignment, too!

View solution in original post