cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swevodau
Community Member

All Assignments Posting by Default as Tests in PowerSchool

Jump to solution

I am having an issue with a teacher where all of her assignments that she creates are automatically posting to PowerSchool at a test. She admits that she was playing around in her settings one day but can't remember what she did. Now I cannot find the source of her issue. Any suggestions? Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Shannon,

I spoke with a member of our support team.  They definitely recommend that you file a help ticket, or rather to ask your instructor to file one from within the course where this is happening so they can go investigate.

Thanks,

SD

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@swevodau , I don't have an immediate answer for your question, but since PowerSchool is primarily used by K-12 institutions, I'm sharing your question with the K-12​ group as well as with a Community PowerSchools expert.

scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Shannon,

I spoke with a member of our support team.  They definitely recommend that you file a help ticket, or rather to ask your instructor to file one from within the course where this is happening so they can go investigate.

Thanks,

SD

View solution in original post

cwendt
Community Champion

This might seem like a given, but did she look at the SIS check box at the edit level of each quiz? If this is checked, the quiz will automatically post to PS. She would have to go into each quiz and *un*check the box.

Also, is she creating them from scratch or importing them from another teacher,  @swevodau ​?

Screen Shot 2015-12-08 at 5.37.44 PM.png

cwendt
Community Champion

I did offer a very rudimentary suggestion below, stefaniesanders​. I know that having SIS post grades as the default has been requested more than once, most recently here:

Somewhere down in the thread, there is a comment* in which  @rsprik ​ says that at his institution, it *is* the default to have them posted to SIS. If that's actually the case, at what level would it be implemented (obviously not at the teachers')? From my end, you can only do this on a quiz-by-quiz basis, and it's 'way at the edit level (which is why we keep seeing requests for checkboxes on the grades or quizzes page).

*( @rsprik  Sep 24, 2015 12:26 PM)