cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kkelly4
Community Member

Amazon Fire

Jump to solution

Can the app be downloaded onto the an Amazon Fire tablet? Or is there another way they can do their work on this type of tablet?

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

The Canvas Student app is available for iOS and Android devices. There may be a couple of extra steps you get you there, but I think that because Fire OS is an Android-Based system this may work. First, you'll have to install the Google Play Store app from the Amazon Appstore onto the Fire tablet. Then, from the Play Store, look for Canvas Student.

Let the Community know if this works! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
dhulsey
Community Champion

@kkelly4 ‌ (hope I tagged the right one). While not an officially supported app, you can access Canvas on a Kindle Fire using the Silk browser that comes installed on the tablet. I hope that helps!

I just tried that on my Amazon Fire and I got an error message, "No eligible device for install". So, no, it does not install on Fire. Smiley Sad

Seems like there is some demand for this, if anyone at Instructure is interested in looking into it.

5 Replies
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

The Canvas Student app is available for iOS and Android devices. There may be a couple of extra steps you get you there, but I think that because Fire OS is an Android-Based system this may work. First, you'll have to install the Google Play Store app from the Amazon Appstore onto the Fire tablet. Then, from the Play Store, look for Canvas Student.

Let the Community know if this works! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
dhulsey
Community Champion

@kkelly4 ‌ (hope I tagged the right one). While not an officially supported app, you can access Canvas on a Kindle Fire using the Silk browser that comes installed on the tablet. I hope that helps!

I just tried that on my Amazon Fire and I got an error message, "No eligible device for install". So, no, it does not install on Fire. Smiley Sad

Seems like there is some demand for this, if anyone at Instructure is interested in looking into it.

CarolynMGage
Community Member

Google Play doesn't even show up as an option to download. But you can BUY step by step Kindle directions for "how to install Google play store on Kindle." *groan*

I'm trying to install Canvas on my kindle so that I can read my homework on there and use an electronic note-taker (scanning pen device). Anyone have insight about that? Or an alternate way to take dissertation notes from electronic sources?

I'm not able to select Google Play as a downloadable app on my Fire. It doesn't even show up as an option. Help?