cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ghalsell
Community Participant

Ampersands in Test Questions

Jump to solution

After importing a quiz from Blackboard, I was editing a question and inserted an ampersand in one of the answers. After clicking Update Question, the ampersand was converted to "&" (without the quotes). Another answer in the same question that already contained an ampersand did not change after updating. Is there a way to type an ampersand and have it not change into something else? And are there other such symbols I should be aware of?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @ghalsell ​...

I tested this out in my own sandbox course, and I am getting the same results.  If I create a multiple choice question and add an ampersand to one or more of my possible answers, when I finish creating the question, it changes the ampersand to &. (I even tried &, and it changed to & after saving the question.)  I would recommend that you file a ticket about this issue.  On the screen where you are creating the question, click on the "Help" menu at the top right corner of your screen, and then click on "Report a Problem".

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @ghalsell ​...

I tested this out in my own sandbox course, and I am getting the same results.  If I create a multiple choice question and add an ampersand to one or more of my possible answers, when I finish creating the question, it changes the ampersand to &. (I even tried &, and it changed to & after saving the question.)  I would recommend that you file a ticket about this issue.  On the screen where you are creating the question, click on the "Help" menu at the top right corner of your screen, and then click on "Report a Problem".

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

ghalsell
Community Participant

It's been submitted, and the problem has been verified and escalated. Keep your fingers crossed for a fix!