cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RyanElliott
Community Member

Android App has multiple issues surrounding Grades

Jump to solution

As a parent observer, my Android app has issues displaying my student's grades.  First, under "Courses", after I select the "Show Grades" option, all courses show "N/A" as the grade.  I can see from the online portal that he has grades for each course, it just does not reflect properly in the app.

Second, when I select each individual class it shows the same grade no matter which class I click on. I figured out on the web version that the grade pertains to one of the several classes he is enrolled in.  

I contacted my school's admin under the "help" menu, but they do not have any solutions to offer. 

A little extra background: This happened last year and continues to happen this year. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the application. I removed him as an observed student and readded him. None of those steps yielded any change in behavior in the app.

Has anyone experienced this issue and is there a simple fix?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @RyanElliott -

Do you use the Canvas Student app with your Canvas Observer credentials? Do you see accurate grade reporting if you use the Canvas Parent app instead?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AmberLawson
Community Member

There are enough other bugs in this application. It is suitable for certain tasks, but cannot completely replace the web version. It is very important for me that everything works correctly and without errors, especially when it comes to studying. Therefore, when I understand that the task is very difficult, I use https://edubirdie.com/case-study-writing-service and I am always sure that their help will be fast and affordable. Such things allow you to understand that you are working with real professionals and that the grade for the completed task will be good.

0 Kudos
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @RyanElliott -

Do you use the Canvas Student app with your Canvas Observer credentials? Do you see accurate grade reporting if you use the Canvas Parent app instead?

That's it! I had the Canvas Student app. I assumed since it took me to the login screen and had the "Parent Login" option that it was correct. Thank you!!