Annotated Comments with Text Submission

Jump to solution
murrayta
Community Novice

I had students submit an assignment using a the text box.  I want to grade and annotate the assignment but when I open the speedgrader I do not have the ability to.  Any help on how to do this?

2 Solutions
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @murrayta  Welcome to the Canvas Community. I'm afraid I have some bad news for you; you cannot annotate a textbox entry in SpeedGrader.  This is noted in the blue-colored area at the top of this lesson: How do I add annotated comments in student submissions using DocViewer in SpeedGrader? I bolded the part that is relevant for your question.

Notes:

• Files over 100 MB and password-protected files will not be converted by DocViewer.
  • Annotation tools are not available for text entry assignments.
  • SpeedGrader may take up to ten minutes after an assignment is submitted to display a file that supports DocViewer.

About the best I can recommend is that you vote "up" this Feature Idea: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/14178-in-speedgrader-allow-the-use-of-annotations-for-text-ent... .

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, Tim!

View solution in original post

simone_laughton
Community Participant

Is there any place where this feature can be upvoted?  Is this on the Canvas roadmap?

Best,

Simone

View solution in original post