cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jperryfolino95
Community Member

Announcement Link?

Jump to solution

I can not determine how to make announcements invisible to students. No matter what I do, I can always see them and they seem to be accessible even when I check delay posting. What am I doing incorrectly? I only want Week One to show to students right now. Please help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kenneth_rogers
Community Champion

Hi there,  @jperryfolino95 !

I just tested this, and using Delayed Posting does prevent it from showing up for students. Have your students told you that they can see the announcements once you post them? You can tell it is a delayed post by the information on the far right hand side of the announcement:

285495_pastedImage_3.png

If you see "Delayed until:" and your students are seeing the announcement, I would suggest contacting Canvas Support.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kenneth_rogers
Community Champion

Hi there,  @jperryfolino95 !

I just tested this, and using Delayed Posting does prevent it from showing up for students. Have your students told you that they can see the announcements once you post them? You can tell it is a delayed post by the information on the far right hand side of the announcement:

285495_pastedImage_3.png

If you see "Delayed until:" and your students are seeing the announcement, I would suggest contacting Canvas Support.

View solution in original post