cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbridge
Community Participant

Announcement on Calendar?

Jump to solution

I wanted students to be able to click on the day and see what I had planned for that day.  What is the best way to do this?

1.  The To Do isn't working for this because it doesn't show on the calendar.

2.  I don't want to add an "assignment" as it will clog the assignment list 

3.  Is "EVENT" the best options?

I wish you could put an "announcement" there.  I don't need it to show in the course announcement...just on the calendar as a click as needed...option.

321370_pastedImage_2.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Stephanie -

I think an Event is a great way to explain what the day's activities are. It will show on the calendar and act as a great archive. With events, they display on the To-Do as well. I especially like that when I click "More Options", I can use the Content Selector and Rich Content Editor to make the information look awesome. ...and I can link directly to other locations and/or items in my course. It keeps it all connected for everyone. Smiley Happy

This process will also free up Announcements for big ideas. If you have Observers of your courses, this would be the least intrusive too. Observers receive a notification each time there is an Announcement, just like students (as long as their settings are arranged that way).

View solution in original post

2 Replies
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Stephanie -

I think an Event is a great way to explain what the day's activities are. It will show on the calendar and act as a great archive. With events, they display on the To-Do as well. I especially like that when I click "More Options", I can use the Content Selector and Rich Content Editor to make the information look awesome. ...and I can link directly to other locations and/or items in my course. It keeps it all connected for everyone. Smiley Happy

This process will also free up Announcements for big ideas. If you have Observers of your courses, this would be the least intrusive too. Observers receive a notification each time there is an Announcement, just like students (as long as their settings are arranged that way).

View solution in original post

sbridge
Community Participant

Thanks Kristin!  I wanted to confirm I was utilizing the features correctly before I entered all my information.  It is truly amazing to me how great this community of Canvas users are in helping each other!

Thanks again!