cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kim_vincent-lay
Community Contributor

Anonymous Grading

Jump to solution

What about a feature in Canvas grading that hides the student's identity when grading to remove bias? #grading in canvas#canvas grading#grading in canvas#anonymous grading

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @kbv7001 ...

You are in luck.  Canvas already supports this.  Please review this Guide: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13019-415295584  In addition, your school's local Canvas administrator can enable a Feature Option at the account level called "Anonymous Grading" (the description of this is "Enable anonymous grading of assignments".)  At the account level, this can be set to ON, ALLOW, or OFF.  If your Canvas administrator sets this to ON, it will be available for all courses at your school.  If it is set to ALLOW, that means that instructors at your school would be allowed to turn it on or off per course...your decision.  If it's set to OFF, then it's not available for anyone in your Canvas environment.  Also, please know that this particular Feature Option is current marked as "beta", and I'm not exactly sure when it will move out of "beta".

I hope this information is helpful to you, Kim.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @kbv7001 ...

You are in luck.  Canvas already supports this.  Please review this Guide: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13019-415295584  In addition, your school's local Canvas administrator can enable a Feature Option at the account level called "Anonymous Grading" (the description of this is "Enable anonymous grading of assignments".)  At the account level, this can be set to ON, ALLOW, or OFF.  If your Canvas administrator sets this to ON, it will be available for all courses at your school.  If it is set to ALLOW, that means that instructors at your school would be allowed to turn it on or off per course...your decision.  If it's set to OFF, then it's not available for anyone in your Canvas environment.  Also, please know that this particular Feature Option is current marked as "beta", and I'm not exactly sure when it will move out of "beta".

I hope this information is helpful to you, Kim.

View solution in original post

kim_vincent-lay
Community Contributor

Thanks! After tagging my post above and realizing that their was a tag on "anonymous grading", I searched and found just that!  Thanks a million 🙂 This is a really important feature in terms of removing implicit bias as much as possible.