cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dwillmore
Community Champion

Any Problems with Badgr this Week?

Jump to solution

We have used Badgr for quite some time now.  Yesterday, when anyone clicks on My Badges an error message stating that there is an authentication issue with the LTI.   

Is there anyone else that is experiencing problems?

@mswindle ‌

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
khammond
Community Contributor

Hi  @dwillmore ‌,  @wlopez ‌ and  @kmeeusen ‌,

Thank you for the post! In their recent release, Instructure introduced a bug in the most recent Canvas release that is affecting the ability to access "My Badges" from a Canvas profile.  They are aware of the issue and are working on fixing it with the next release in 3-4 weeks.

Until the bug is fixed, students can get access to their badges within their course(s) or by creating an account or signing in to Badgr using the same email address the badge was awarded to.  Once signed in, users can access and interact with badges in the Backpack section of their account.
If this issue is negatively affected the workflow of your courses, we can offer a workaround solution. Please contact support@badgr.com for assistance.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
wlopez
Community Participant

Yes, I also noticed this here at Long Beach City College. We have user profile badges installed account-wide, but other than that use Badgr at the course level...and this has worked fine until last week I noticed as well! Same error.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing on our test environment, checked for new xml on the support pages, checked the key/secret on the account, and was about to email Badgr Support but decided to check here first. For now I have uninstalled the user profile option app for the account. The course level app is still working (course navigation, resource selection).

kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @dwillmore  , and  @wlopez 

We are new to Badgr, but I just checked a couple of my courses as a student, and am not getting that error.

I would most definitely submit a support ticket.  Also  @khammond ‌ of Badgr, is a member of this Community, and is incredibly helpful! I have pinged her, in the hopes that she can chime in with further advice.

Kelley

khammond
Community Contributor

Hi  @dwillmore ‌,  @wlopez ‌ and  @kmeeusen ‌,

Thank you for the post! In their recent release, Instructure introduced a bug in the most recent Canvas release that is affecting the ability to access "My Badges" from a Canvas profile.  They are aware of the issue and are working on fixing it with the next release in 3-4 weeks.

Until the bug is fixed, students can get access to their badges within their course(s) or by creating an account or signing in to Badgr using the same email address the badge was awarded to.  Once signed in, users can access and interact with badges in the Backpack section of their account.
If this issue is negatively affected the workflow of your courses, we can offer a workaround solution. Please contact support@badgr.com for assistance.

View solution in original post

Thank you,  @khammond  !

As usual, you rock!

Kelley