Anyone else seeing black-colored hyperlinks while in the RCE?

Jump to solution
kblack
Community Champion

Perhaps I missed something on the latest Release Notes, though I double-checked things.  I started seeing this yesterday, and just got my first faculty email on it. On my campus, at least, while editing anything with a link in the RCE, what used to be a blue-colored hyperlink while editing it is now colored black.  Here is an example, with my cursor over the link so that you can see that Canvas does, indeed, treat this as a link with the familiar underlining:Editing a hyperlink in RCE

I know my aged memory is failing, but as I recall from doing numerous workshops even while editing something, once the link was created it turned blue.  Now, to be absolutely clear, it does turn blue, but only after the faculty member SAVES the page:

252306_saved page.jpg

While this is hardly a show-stopper, it is annoying for faculty who want to make sure that their link was properly accepted while editing.  They were all used to seeing blue while editing, but that seems to have been removed now in the RCE.

So, before I make a polite inquiry to Canvas support, is anyone else seeing this behavior?

1 Solution
awolfe
Community Contributor

I filed a support ticket with Canvas. They're aware of it and the fix is going live October 7!  Here's what they said:

Hello, We've deployed a fix for this issue in our Beta environment. If all goes well, it will make it to the live Production environment on October 7, 2017. This ticket will remain in an "On-Hold" status until then. Admins and instructors: Feel free to try out the fix if you have time. As a reminder, your normal login should get you into Beta if you simply add ".beta" to your institution's Canvas URL (i.e. "canvas.beta.instructure.com"). Keep in mind that the Beta environment has outbound notifications disabled (it's for testing only). Apologies to any students who are receiving this message; testing in Beta is most often disabled for students at various institutions. However, rest assured that we are working to have this issue addressed soon. We will notify you of any changes to the status of this fix. We appreciate your time and attention - if you have any questions about this message or this fix, please feel free to contact Support. Keep Learning! Support Panda Notifier of Things

View solution in original post