cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
debnes
Community Member

App version 6.9 not working on IOS 13.5

Jump to solution

We have updated the canvas version 6.9 app on our student ipads on 9/15.  When they click on the app - we find school goes to our login - you login but you get the web version and it put a notice up that there is an app for canvas - shows installed (see picture) and when you click on view on right side it goes back to long in page and students have to log in again. 

which is very difficult for K-1 grade students to navigate it as they are remote learning. 

Only fix we have found it to upgrade the ipad to ios 14.  This is difficult with over 2500 ipads and students need to use this app daily to get to lessons for class.

Can you let us know what to do to fix this short of trying to update to IOS 14 

canvas on ipadcanvas on ipad

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

@debnes,

There was a fix for the login issue with the 6.9.1 update. I would suggest you try this update and see if this fixes your issue. Thanks. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ClemHarvey
Community Member

Here's a quick fix 🙂

It's clearly a new iOS/App Store bug with the recent iOS 14 release. Some common apps that may run into exactly the same issue in iOS 14 are Canvas, YouTube, Twitter, WhatsApp, Facebook, TikTok, LastPass, and more. What finally solved my problem (inspired by this post) was to Open Settings > General > iPhone Storage > scrolling down to the app "Canvas" and selecting > "Offload App" and then reinstalling it from App Store.

This did not delete my Canvas information as per the offload feature, and I no longer gets the error. I hope this helps others struggling with the issue especially after an update 🙂

Best Regards,

Clem

debnes
Community Member

I should specify this is on the Ipads running iPadOS 13.5 - so far we have been only able to fix this with updating to iPADOS14.  Which we are not ready to do since there are 2500 ipads that would need this and they would lose remote learning time.

So trying to see if they have a better workaround to have 4-6 years olds do that are not cumbersome.

rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

@debnes,

There was a fix for the login issue with the 6.9.1 update. I would suggest you try this update and see if this fixes your issue. Thanks. 

View solution in original post

ellisL1
Community Member

Hello 😊 I totally agree with you that a well-functioning application is very critical. The last one I ran into, employee tracking, was a really great working app. No bugs and glitches) I highly recommend if you need some productivity app)