cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tszyman
Community Participant

Apple Pencil not shwing up in annotation barpp

My Apple Pencil stopped showing up in my annotations bar. I've restarted my iPad, relaunched Canvas, and tested Apple Pencil in other apps. What should I try next?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @tszyman - Do you experience this issue with any PDF available to annotate, or just some? Are you working in the Canvas Student or the Canvas Teacher app?

tszyman
Community Participant

I'm using the Canvas teacher app, and the icon doesn't show up for ANY submissions right now. It used to show up but doesn't anymore.

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

That's helpful. Which version of the app are you using? Is there an update available in the Apple Store?

tszyman
Community Participant

In addition, the  icon used to show up even for Google doc submissions. Of course I couldn't use the Apple Pencil to write on those submissions, but it always showed up. Now when I go into Canvas, the icon never shows up anywhere. I also just updated my iOS, and nothing has changed.

tszyman
Community Participant

i'm now running 15.0

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

With the release of iOS 15, there's a chance that you may see a hiccup that has yet to be documented. Can you double-check the version of your Canvas Teacher app? It should be Version 1.13.3.