Apply promotions to multiple sub-Catalogs

Jump to solution
c-mc
Community Explorer

Is it possible to have a promotion applied to multiple sub-Catalogs? For example, if I have 3 sub-Catalogs under my main Catalog and I want to off a promo code to be used across 2 of those sub-Catalogs. There's no way to select more than one sub-Catalog in the drop-down menu and no way to add the same promo code as a separate listing for a separate sub-Catalog. 

The use case for this is that I have a group of faculty that get a discount across courses and I want to give them ONE discount code to use rather than having to give them multiple to use across different sub-Catalogs. I'm using the sub-Catalogs to customize communications for each program type upon enrollment.

Thanks for any help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
mzimmerman
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @c-mc,

I tried playing around with this in my Catalog instance, but do not see a way to do this, except to create the promo code in a higher level catalog that includes both of the sub-catalogs.  The downside is that if you have 3 sub-catalogs under the catalog where the promo code is good, there's no way to limit it to only 2 of the 3 sub-catalogs.

View solution in original post

0 Likes