Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jandrews10

Archive Old Courses

Jump to solution

I tried to find out how to archive my old courses to no avail. How do I archive old courses?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

@jandrews10 , if you no longer wish to have the Spring courses appear on your Dashboard, from the global navigation, click on Courses and then on All Courses. You will see a list of all of your courses there; un-star the ones that you no longer wish to have on your Dashboard, and the course cards for those courses will no longer appear there. They will still be available to you, so if you need to access them, just remember to click on Courses and then All Courses to see the full list.

If this is not what you mean, I hope that you understand that Canvas does not use the term "archive," so  @abunag  has given you the right advice; we are unclear on what exactly you wish to accomplish, and if your school has a special process for "archiving" courses, you would need to contact your Canvas Admin to get the particulars of that process.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
abunag
Community Champion

It depends on what you mean by archive.  Are you wanting to save all content for future viewing?  Delete the course from your list?  Delete it entirely?  In the end, I think the best thing to do would be for you to contact your school's tech support team and/or Canvas admin to discuss what options are available to you, in line with your school's student information retention policy.

I archived my Spring courses after being told how to do it. I have forgotten how to do it. I need to archive my summer courses. By archive, I mean to have it still available.

John D. Andrews, M.Ed.

Lecturer

Programs in English as a Second Language

University of Nebraska-Lincoln

Nebraska Hall East 129A

402-429-2964

@jandrews10 , if you no longer wish to have the Spring courses appear on your Dashboard, from the global navigation, click on Courses and then on All Courses. You will see a list of all of your courses there; un-star the ones that you no longer wish to have on your Dashboard, and the course cards for those courses will no longer appear there. They will still be available to you, so if you need to access them, just remember to click on Courses and then All Courses to see the full list.

If this is not what you mean, I hope that you understand that Canvas does not use the term "archive," so  @abunag  has given you the right advice; we are unclear on what exactly you wish to accomplish, and if your school has a special process for "archiving" courses, you would need to contact your Canvas Admin to get the particulars of that process.

Stafanie,

That is what I meant. Thanks.

John D. Andrews, M.Ed.

Lecturer

Programs in English as a Second Language

University of Nebraska-Lincoln

Nebraska Hall East 129A

402-429-2964

michaelg

I've noticed all the replies on this thread tell the user to contact their school support or Canvas admin. Unfortunate that's all the help we can get on these threads. 

I use the term archive - because that's what needs to happen to all of our last year's courses. They don't need to be accessible this year. They need to be removed or at the very least hidden from view so users don't have to see them, at all, anywhere. 

Exactly,

I don't need to see all of the classes I've ever taught (even when I'm in the "all courses" page), I especially don't want to see every course I've ever taught when I'm in the "Find Rubric" pop up. 

Thank you!  Your instructions are really clear!