Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shippm1
Community Member

Archiving courses to a different term

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to move many old courses in old term(s) to a "legacy term" so that I may remove some previous years terms.

Any suggestions on how I can do this w/o going course by course?

Can I do this through SIS export/import?

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Mark

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mzimmerman
Community Champion

Hi Mark,

You should be able to do this via SIS Import, if the courses were originally created that way.  Just send the course feed through with a different term_id setting, and the term on the courses will be updated, as long as the term setting hasn't been manually changed via the GUI.  (Most manual changes via the GUI are "sticky", meaning they don't overwritten by SIS imports.)

There's more information about the file formats for SIS import files at SIS Import Format Documentation - Canvas LMS REST API Documentation 

Mike

View solution in original post

2 Replies
mzimmerman
Community Champion

Hi Mark,

You should be able to do this via SIS Import, if the courses were originally created that way.  Just send the course feed through with a different term_id setting, and the term on the courses will be updated, as long as the term setting hasn't been manually changed via the GUI.  (Most manual changes via the GUI are "sticky", meaning they don't overwritten by SIS imports.)

There's more information about the file formats for SIS import files at SIS Import Format Documentation - Canvas LMS REST API Documentation 

Mike

View solution in original post

Perfect.  Thanks Mike!