cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
irishb
Community Contributor

Are students able to sign up for appointments via mobile apps?

Jump to solution

I have been searching/reviewing the documentation desktop and mobile guides re: Schedulers and the apps,

but am not finding any information either way of whether students can access a Scheduler and sign up for appointments via the Android or iOS apps.

I was just working with a student using the app for Android and we couldn't find a way to do this.

If there is not a way to sign up for an appointment via the mobile apps,

could something about that be included in either/both of the following guides, please?

How do I sign up for an appointment using the Scheduler? and What is the Scheduler?

And include same information in the mobile guides section?

Thank you for your time and help.

Bridget

Curricular Technology Support

The Evergreen State College

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

Bridget Irish‌: 

Unfortunately, this isn't possible on iOS or Android. The calendar is read-only on iOS and only supports adding calendar events on Android, but students can't sign up for events on either platform. 

I suggest you consider creating a new idea requesting this feature be added to the mobile apps in the Canvas Studio‌. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

Bridget Irish‌: 

Unfortunately, this isn't possible on iOS or Android. The calendar is read-only on iOS and only supports adding calendar events on Android, but students can't sign up for events on either platform. 

I suggest you consider creating a new idea requesting this feature be added to the mobile apps in the Canvas Studio‌. 

View solution in original post

RobDitto
Community Champion

irishb‌, here's a link to what I think is the most recent idea for mobile appointment scheduling:

I'll be sure to vote for any resubmission!

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Also, irishb, with respect to your request to include this in the documentation,  @rseilham ‌ kindly followed up with our awesome Documentation Team by putting a note in the guide comments. Whenever you have a comment about content that you think should be incorporated into a specific guide, that's the best place to put them; the  @CanvasDocTeam  will respond promptly.

irishb
Community Contributor

Thanks so much, Ryan!

irishb
Community Contributor

Thanks so much, Stefanie!

You're welcome, irishb🙂