cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hallmans
Community Contributor

Are students emailed a notification of enrollment through SIS import?

Jump to solution

When we enroll students into a course manually, they get an emailed invite to the course. My understanding is that when bulk enrolled through SIS import the course simply show up in the course list and no course invitation is sent out. I cant find anywhere to confirm this and we have students who insist that they always have gotten invites except for a recently started course. Can anyone clarify or point me to documentation?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

I don't know where it's documented, but we've been using Canvas since 2012 and students who are added via SIS do NOT receive an invitation. I'm not even sure if you could send them an invitation if you wanted (and were adding via SIS).

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

I don't know where it's documented, but we've been using Canvas since 2012 and students who are added via SIS do NOT receive an invitation. I'm not even sure if you could send them an invitation if you wanted (and were adding via SIS).

View solution in original post

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Update, I just confirmed with  @James ​ and these discussions discussions - disabling course invitations​ & Are registration emails sent to users setup via SIS import?​ - that it doesn't appear to be an option (to have an invitation sent) when adding via SIS.

abunag
Community Champion

Responding to confirm we see the same results with our manual vs SIS-import enrollments.