cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hmrozarb
Community Contributor

Are the html5 interactive activities in Gizmos embeddable into Canvas?

Gizmos (Explore Learning) contains many interactive math and science activities that are in HTML5.  Has anyone ever used them in Canvas or know if they are embeddable?

2 Replies
awolfe
Community Contributor

Hi  @hmrozarb ‌,

I saw your idea first and replied to that!

It is possible to embed, but it would take some integration to do some sort of automated submission/grading.

Here's what I said back on that idea:

https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/9653-integrating-gizmos-into-canvas?commentID=96620#comment-96... 

Hello Heather Rozar-Bergmann,

To clarify your original idea, do you just want the gadget to appear inside an assignment or do you want some sort of submission to automatically happen or be graded from the Gizmos? (Forgive me, I'm not super familiar with all of their features.)

The first one you can already do, although it's not automatic. You can easily embed another webpage in an assignment with some very basic HTML knowledge.

As an example, if I wanted to embed Sight vs. Sound Reactions Gizmo : ExploreLearning, I would write the below code in the HTML Editor of the Rich Content Editor for an Assignment or Page. (See here for more: How do I use the HTML view in the Rich Content Editor as an instructor?)

<iframe height="600" src="https://www.explorelearning.com/index.cfm?method=cResource.dspView&ResourceID=43" width="800"></iframe> 

(You may wish to play with the height and width).

Hope that helps a little bit.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @hmrozarb ...

I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard from you since you first posted this question to the Canvas Community website on September 21st and then received a response from  @awolfe  later that day.  Have you had an opportunity to review Alex's feedback?  Did his response help to answer your question?  Do you have any outstanding questions as it relates to your original question?  If you could please come back to provide an update, that would be helpful.  Also, if you feel that Alex's feedback has helped to answer your question, please feel free to mark his answer as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for some help with this question, please let us know by posting a message below so that members of the Community might be able to further assist you.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered", but that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions/comments below.  I hope that's aright with you, Heather.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon!