Are there plans to allow Instrutors to download their Comment Library

Jump to solution
MatthewP1
Community Member

Hi--

I'm an Instructor, and I've started using the comment library. I think its a great addition--thank you! It does make grading go much faster, which means a lot when I'm grading 75-100 papers at a time.

However, I notice that my library carries across different courses & assignments, and so now I'm running into the problem that I have a sizeable number (47 at last count) of comments. I've started beginning them with the first word tied to my rubric (eg., "Clarity" for comments regarding making their writing clearer, or "Accuracy:" for comments relating to inaccuracies in their claims), but its still a long list and I would like to be able to either have a printout or a database so that I can both work on making them more consistent, but also just remembering how I worded a particular comment.

Are there any plans to allow an instructor to download and/or upload comments to the library?

Thanks for your feedback!

Dr. Pamental

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @MatthewP1 ...

I don't really have much insight as to what Instructure has planned for Canvas.  However, I can point you to Product Roadmap - Instructure Community which might be a starting point to see what they have planned for the near and long-term future.  There may be other projects they are working on as well that aren't listed on that page.

Have you tried creating your own Excel spreadsheet to use as a database to keep track of your common comments?  That might be an idea for you to consider for the time being.

You might also want to consider submitting a new Feature Idea around this topic...to see how much interest it gets in the Community.

Sorry that I don't have better news for you, but I hope this has helped in some way to answer your question.

View solution in original post