As a teacher, can I upload/submit a media file to an assignment on behalf of my students?

Jump to solution
nduirs
Community Novice

I teach music to Senior High School students. Students have an assessment/assignment where they are required to perform on an instrument before an audience.

We make a video recording of each student's performance and then assess and review, posting results and feedback via an Assignment in Canvas. I would like to have the video in Canvas when using Speedgrader.

I have the video of each student's performance on my computer and wanted to know if there's a way that as the teacher, I can upload/submit the video to each student's assignment page on their behalf?

Thanks

2 Solutions
jcarpenter1
Panda Pros
Panda Pros

Hello  @nduirs  and welcome to the Community.  At this time, there is not a way for an instructor to upload the video.  However, I wonder, if, like cloud assignments, you could make a cloud folder, put the videos there, have your students go into the cloud folder, find their video and then upload it themselves.

How do I submit a cloud assignment with Microsoft Office 365? 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10611-4212682954 

View solution in original post

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi! I have an update for everyone!

Submit an assignment on behalf of a student is now in Beta! This may work well in this situation.Please read the Canvas Release Notes (2023-03-18) for more details.

View solution in original post