cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dpc3
Community Participant

Assessment via Canvas?

Has anyone compared the feature set of Taskstream with Canvas?

Our College of Education is hoping to utilize the power of Canvas for accreditation. There are many institutions using Canvas. There must be some that need in the Canvas community to adhere to CAEP reporting. See  http://caepnet.org.

So, the key question is: Can Canvas support the needs to the faculty who are part of the college reporting to CAEP?

The goal is to stop using TaskStream and move to the Accreditation built-into the Canvas offering. <https://www1.taskstream.com/solutions/assessment-accreditation/

Another good link, I think. How doe we "collect" the requests from several places? Looking everywhere for comments etc. is a bit tedious. https://community.canvaslms.com/message/34271?et=watches.email.outcome#comment-34271

Message was edited by: David Paul Cochrane

8 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@dpc3 ​, this sounds like a prompt intended to elicit multiple contributions, with no single answer ultimately standing out as uniquely "correct," so I've changed the format to a discussion.

dpc3
Community Participant

The following are attributes we require from Taskstream there are signature assignments from students, portfolios from students, and rubrics on grading all of the above.

(A) We will need some way of putting multiple tags on each item we upload, matching it to a a standard. (1) CAEP standard, (2) a SPA standard, (3) a PDE standard, and probably (4) a PSU standard. 

(B) We also need to be able to tag items that have a thread of technology or a thread of diversity in them. 

(C) Finally we need to tag or identify items that belong to specific programs, like CEAED PK ED or SECED ENGCO.

dpc3
Community Participant

Stefanie, Thanks for the assist. I'm new to the forum. I'm hoping for some of those in the academic settings using canvas for assessment and ultimately accreditation have answers to some of our questions.

A big question would be, What level of interest in a feature is required to encourage Canvas towards a feature addition?

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

You're welcome,  @dpc3 ​. To attract more attention to the discussion about using Canvas for assessment and accreditation, I've shared it with the Higher Education​ and K-12​ groups.

Turning to your "big question"--which sounds like an entirely different topic--perhaps this document will provide insight: How does the voting process work for feature ideas?

dpc3
Community Participant

Institutional Assessment for Accreditation Using Outcomes and Rubrics? this is close to the direction I need to take. Universities (Colleges of Education) who have transitioned from Taskstream to Canvas Outcomes...

dwweinberg-kins
Community Participant

Ditto on your questions for us except replace Taskstream with LiveText.  We will be starting a review process soon on this.  Our last review a year ago revealed a few key feature improvements that would be needed especially with rubrics/outcomes and some of the special accreditation standards you mentioned.

Hi  @dritch ​,

Thank you for posting this question. Can you clarify what you mean by "tag"? Are you interested in scoring the standards via rubric/some other means of scoring or are you interested in aligning content (gradable and/or non-gradable)?

I Look forward to learning more!

dpc3
Community Participant

How tags would be used.

Some examples: tag webpages, adding code words to help find and sort content.  For example, a rubric might be uploaded to canvas and tagged as “rubric” “seced math” “STND1” “STND3” “content”