cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhelbock
Community Participant

Assigning point values to quiz answers

Jump to solution

I was contacted by a professor who imported a Moodle quiz into Canvas with multiple-choice questions having varying point values assigned to answers. All answers in the quiz questions rendered as the correct answers in Canvas, which is easy enough to fix but he assigned partial point values to some answers. As far as I can tell, we can only assign point values to questions in Canvas and not to the answers. Am I correct? I see that multiple answer questions may equally divide question points among the correct answers but I'm looking for the option of creating a 2 point multiple-choice question where the correct answer would be worth two points and a "quasi-correct" answer would be worth one point. Is this possible or is there a work-around?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @rhelbock ​...

To my knowledge, there isn't a way to assign individual point values to answer possibilities within a single question.  That does sound like an interesting idea, though, and maybe one that would be worthy of a Canvas Feature Ideas submission.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @rhelbock ​...

To my knowledge, there isn't a way to assign individual point values to answer possibilities within a single question.  That does sound like an interesting idea, though, and maybe one that would be worthy of a Canvas Feature Ideas submission.

View solution in original post

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@chofer  is correct that there is no way to assign individual point values to answer possibilities within a single question. I also agree that this might make a good feature idea - How do I create a new feature idea?

dburdick
Community Participant

Very definitely a good idea. We definitely support this feature.

lbarratt1
Community Participant

I just posted this as a suggestion.

https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/8765-multiple-choice-grading-options 

We have instructors who want to have various points for a multiple choice question.

I'm not getting any votes on it yet. 😞

Leona

I'm not seeing the community post anymore to up-vote it.... has this request been denied?