Assignment Descriptions Hiding

Jump to solution
michael1439273
Community Participant

Hello, 

I'm a student that is having a problem seeing assignment descriptions. 

In all of my courses, I'm having a problem when I click on a quiz/test. The description that the teacher put in for the assignment shows for about a second, then disappears and only the "Start Quiz"/ "Start Assignment", "Next" and "Previous"  buttons show, and if there is a rubric, it slides up. When I reload the page, it does the same thing - it shows the description for about a second and then it disappears. 

I've contacted all of the teachers and they don't know what's going on. One suggested checking here but I wasn't able to find anything in the help guides. I've visited my school's tech support site but they don't have anything about this.

Thanks for the help,

Michael A. 

0 Likes
2 Solutions

@michael1439273  The screencast you just provided was very helpful. I was able to locate the exact spot in the course where that assignment lives, and acting as you, I was able to view the full assignment instructions (I only took a screenshot of the top portion so as not to reveal the entire assignment publicly):

michael assignment issue.png

In other words, since we can't replicate it, and since it is happening to you for all of your assignments, it is most likely an issue with the browser you're using. However, we won't be able to troubleshoot it further in this forum. Your best course of action would be to contact the school that provided the Chromebook and request assistance. Here's the content info from their website: Contact Us - Georgia Cyber Academy 

Good luck, Michael!

View solution in original post

FOLLOW UP:

I was able to contact my school's software support and speak with them about this and they had no idea what was going on but after the phone call we had, I was clearing a couple of the apps and extensions and came across one that I had put on a couple of years ago called Adblock Plus.

When I did some testing, I found out that it was blocking the description element as if it were an ad and our tech support thinks it has to do with a recent update on Chrome. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes