cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kjdsgreene
Community Member

Assignments do not show in calendar.

Jump to solution

I can't figure out why my assignments do not automatically show in the calendar.

1. I've created an assignment by clicking Add Assignment and then added that assignment to a module; however, it does not show on the calendar. Note: I did not add the assignment by clicking directly on a specific date in the calendar. I can enter an assignment and it will show using this path.
  2. The assignment created has a due date, and date range that starts before due date and extends past the due date. The dates are current, not past due.
  3. This assignment shows in the Undated Events, yet not on the calendar. When I click on the assignment in the Calendar/Undated list, it states "no date"; however, there is a due date, start and end date.
  4. The course view is selected.

What am I doing wrong? I've missed a step... Please assist.  Smiley Happy

Thank you,

K

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi all, I figured it out. My active calendar was maxed out. There were some other things, like some of fall courses being moved out of my dashboard and then being moved back in which probably is why I used to see the January course calendar. But when they were moved back in, they took priority it appears, in terms of their calendars being displayed.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi kjdsgreene​...

I am a bit stumped as well.  I followed your directions to create a brand new assignment in my own sandbox course.  I set a due date for the assignment for this Friday at 5:30 p.m.  I made the assignment available from today at 8:00 a.m. to this coming Sunday at 11:59 p.m.  When I went to my Calendar view, I saw the assignment appear on Friday, just as I expected it to.  The assignment resides in the course "Hofer C" which you can see is colored orange...just like the assignment is.  I looked through the "Undated items" list, and it doesn't appear in that list.  I've also tried unpublishing the assignment and unpublishing the module to see if that made a difference, and it does not.  The only other thing I can think of (and I'm not sure why this would even matter) is to maybe check your course start/end dates in your course "Settings" screen to see if those are accurate ... and if you are allowing access before/after those dates.

EllieAssignment.jpg

Other than that, I think you may need to contact Instructure's Help Desk staff.  They are available by clicking on the "Help" link at the top right corner of your screen (or the bottom left corner if you are using the new User Interface).  You'd want to make sure that you are first on the screen where you are experiencing the issue, and then click on "Help" >> "Report a Problem".

Hope this helps, Kelly!

kathy_arnold
Community Participant

Hi, I am having this problem and have never had this problem before. In fact it is only January that is not visible. I am pretty sure it used to be as I checked before the class went live. I am headed to my Settings to see if the access date is incorrect/ but students have been accessing the class just fine and there are due dates on each assignment. Kathy

Hi all, I figured it out. My active calendar was maxed out. There were some other things, like some of fall courses being moved out of my dashboard and then being moved back in which probably is why I used to see the January course calendar. But when they were moved back in, they took priority it appears, in terms of their calendars being displayed.