cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lindseyprince5
Community Member

Assignments not appearing in student to do list

Homeschooler here! My children access Canvas on their iPods. However, many assignments do not appear in their to do list, but do appear on their calendar. Furthermore, assignments I have set to publish at later dates do appear on their to do list. What am I missing? Thanks! 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@lindseyprince5 , Greetings! I'm not sure about the answer to this question, but I've passed it along to our Mobile experts so hopefully they'll have some insight into the issue. 

Kona

rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @lindseyprince5 ‌, 

Thanks for the question. Not totally sure about this one, but maybe we can work through it. 

To-Do items are assignments that are published and upcoming, so it shouldn't show a whole semester. The Canvas documentation defines To-Do as: 

The To Do section shows up to seven items with due dates in the upcoming weeks, including ungraded quizzes and assignments that do not require a Canvas submission [1]. Each item in the To Do list displays the assignment name, the course name, the number of points, and the due date for the assignment. Once the due date has passed, items remain in this section for four weeks.

1. Are all the missing assignments published?
  2. Are the missing assignments upcoming, in the next few weeks?
  3. Can your children see items on the to-do list on the web, but not the iPod.
  4. Are you using the latest version of the Canvas Student app, which is v6.4.6 as of 1/29/2019. 

Thanks. 

Hi again,  @lindseyprince5 ‌. Just following up to see if you were able to figure this out or needed more help. Thanks!