Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ilana
Community Contributor

Assignments not showing in to do list

Jump to solution

Hi,

Students can't seem to see their assignments and quizzes in the to do list.

Is there a known bug?

For example, I have attached a screenshot (I was acting as user). On 18th November they have a quiz due and 2 discussions due. They are not appearing in the to do list. However the things I have added manually to the calendar eg Week  27 on 12 November, are appearing.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Ilana

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

My recommendation, if you haven’t already, is to contact Canvas Support about this issue. Make sure to provide the names of the students and the assignments that are missing from the to do list. 

Kona

View solution in original post

That makes perfect sense. Thank you

0 Kudos
7 Replies
amanda_robertso
Community Participant

I have had the same issue just within this week. Some students can see the Essay that is due under the To Do column, for others, I have to go through Assignments for them to be able to submit it. 

Another instructor at my school has had the same issue. 

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

My recommendation, if you haven’t already, is to contact Canvas Support about this issue. Make sure to provide the names of the students and the assignments that are missing from the to do list. 

Kona

ilana
Community Contributor

Thanks - have already done this.

Just waiting for a reply.

SchaeferG
Community Participant

Did Canvas Support ever have a response to this? I have a student with the same situation happening.

amanda_robertso
Community Participant

No they did not. I ended up having to make sure my students had access to Assignments under Navigation. They could see the assignment there and go in and upload. It was weird how it only did it to some students, and it was different types of assignments. 

retannenbaum
Community Participant

I've been having the same problem. What seems to be the matter is that the link that would normally say "5 more in the next week..." is not there. So students think they are seeing the entire list, but if they start X-ing out old stuff from the list (such as deleting announcements), then newer ones start popping up. They can still see all assignments if they go to the Assignments page or the Canvas calendar, but I know most rely on the to-do list.

That makes perfect sense. Thank you

0 Kudos